Created 24-Feb-16
62 photos

Built in 1867, this development changed the appearance of Blackheath Village more than any other as its size and position blocked the view between the heart of the Village and the Heath. Royal Parade today currently comprises only those premises facing the Heath, but it originally included Nos 39 -47 Montpelier Vale. It was the last extensive site to be rebuilt in Blackheath Village until the redevelopment of the old Blackheath Proprietary School in 1937.

See Chapter 2 In Neil Rhind's "Blackheath Village and Environs"
009022 BlV,RPar000471 Royal Parade000472 Royal Parade009022 Royal Parade000241 Montpelier Vale, Nos 37-49008203 Blackheath Village007427 RoyPar No 2007468 RoyPar No 2007414v RoyPar No 4007392 RoyPar No 6000233 MonV,47007481 Mont V, No 47007409 RoyPar No 9007456 RoyPar No 9007445 RoyPar No 9000485 Royal Parade, No 16000884 Royal Parade, No 17000470 Royal Parade000473 Royal Parade000474 Royal Parade

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Buildings
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Montpelier, Royal parade, blackheath