Osborne Place was developed in 1840 as a terrace of 12 shops and forms the junction of the bottom of Montpelier Vale (No 10, Mary's Living & Giving Shop) and ends where presently No 22 Tranquil Vale (Cluttons) stands.
It has remained generally unspoiled to the present day. It fitted so well into the scale and harmony of the Village that, when in 1945 it was severely damaged by the V2 in Blackheath Grove it was skilfully rebuilt, although some of the shop fronts and fittings were replaced in the interests of modern retailing practice.
When built, it comprised 12 matching three-story shops, with a service yard at the rear entered between Nos 11 & 12 (Nos 24 (Startrite) and 22 (Cluttons) Tranquil Vale)
Category:Architecture and Structures