The East side of Tranquil Vale can be divided into 3 distinct sections which were developed and redeveloped quite independently from each other.
Nos 36-50 Tranquil Vale - originally a development of shops in 1822. Rebuilt in their present form in 1885.
Nos 52- 56 Tranquil Vale - The Three Tuns and its outhouses and stables. The latter were altered and much rebuilt to form shop premises. The whole site rebuilt in its present form in 1884-85.
Nos 58 - 74 Tranquil Vale - certainly in existence as Tranquil Place by 1802. No 58 was much altered in 1878, Nos 70-74 were rebuilt in 1879-80 as Highland House. The whole terrace was known as Tranquil Place until 1882.
Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Keywords:Place, Three Tuns, Tranquil, inn, tavern, three, tuns