000006 Blackheath Proprietary School
Blackheath Proprietary School 1935.
In 1909, following the school closure in 1907, the buildings were leased by the Blackheath Press, which had been founded in 1881.
Many early photos and advertisements in this archive are drawn from a publication by the Blackheath Press - the Blackheath Local Guide and District Advertiser.
By 1914 some of the outlying buildings were let off for commercial purposes and until 1936 the buildings were known as the Blackheath Chambers.
However, the old school buildings were unsuitable for most commercial purposes and useless for housing so demolition was probable.
Category:Architecture and Structures
Keywords:In Focus, High Quality, 1935, Blackheath Proprietary School, Belisha beacon, Lamp post, BS, AR Martin